Saturday, May 15, 2010

Five-Things I want accomplished soon

1. To join a gym. I think I have narrowed it down to one that is close enough to my house, has childcare, and has a price tag I can live with. Hooray. I am one of those people that if I pay for something, I will. get. my. money's worth!! I want to be healthy and feel younger...and one day, when we take the kids to a giant amusement park in another state...I want to ride all the rides with them!!

2. To finish our backyard. It has come A LONG WAY. from literally hundreds of tumbleweeds and goatheads...to smooth dirt. However, we have a giant pile of yard trash and debris in the middle of the yard, which I have slowly, but surely been bagging for the hubs to take to the dump.  We want to put some grass in front of our patio, a play area for the kids, and a garden.

3. To shampoo our carpet in the entire house.  Potty training is messy. I mean seriously, almost deterring to the whole concept of parent hood.  (Forget the crying newborn and changing diaper stages to promote abstinence...have a couple of enamored teens try to potty train two toddlers at the same time...I can almost guarantee there would be some serious cross-legged action occurring.)  Just when you think they've got it, there is yet another mess to clean. So soon. I want clean carpet again. deep down clean.

4. To be able to park our cars inside the garage.  Every year that I taught school, I accumulated a ton of "stuff."  Every year, we had to move out of our classroom for the summer, and then bring it back in the fall to set up again. (not sure why?) but eventually, I was renting a storage unit for it...and when I quit back in 2006...well, it all went into my garage. I am a keeper. I keep things. forever. So over the course of the last couple years, I have been really trying to either throw away, garage sale, or incorporate some of my stuff out of the garage. I really want it all dealt with this summer, and then reorganize our whole garage so that we can park inside.

5. A garden. My husband has found a nursery about 45 miles or so from us that has 100% non GMO, organic seeds and seedlings.  I mean seriously, you can't even grow your own garden without GMOs nowadays. (don't get me started) So anyhoots, we are going to make the trek next weekend to pick out seeds and such for our salsa garden plus some zucchini and yellow squash, and a few other things I can't remember right now. Oh it makes my heart squeal to know that we will be eating fresh, beautiful garden veggies all summer, and hopefully longer if I can keep up with freezing excess.


So. Here is my assignment. What are some of your short term goals?  Blog them, or write them down, send me the link, or tell me about them, and once a month for the next three months, we will revisit them and see how we are doing on accomplishing our goals!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment