Monday, January 3, 2011

Super Easy, Super Simple Griddle Stitch Dishcloth



NEW  Printer Friendly Version (CLICK HERE)
Hey Guys!
I've got a little something for you. I'm sure I'm not the inventor of this cloth, but I've got my little recipe for you.

G hook
Worsted cotton (I use my favorite, Peaches & Creme)
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
ch = chain


Ch 25
SC in Ch next to hook, dc in next, *(sc in next, dc in next) Repeat * to end of row.  You should end on a dc.
ch 1 turn
Rows 2-24* (or until square)    *(sc in next, dc in next) repeat * across. ch 1 turn
* MORE LIKE 16 or 17 rows made the square for me. :)
sc border all around entire square, with 3 scs in each corner.

finish off, weave in ends!

As always, you may sell items made from my patterns, but you may not under any circumstances sell my patterns or take credit for them as your own.
Copyright Jennifer Kaye 2011

8 comments:

  1. I love this pattern because it is easy, fast, and makes a dishcloth with substance. I've made two of these already.

    The first time, I found that when I started the sc in the chain after the hook, I didn't end up with a dc. I ripped out the first row and then started the sc in the second chain from the hook and it worked out perfectly.

    The second time, I just started it in the second chain, and again, it worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to post a little Hello! Your Profile made me smile! God Bless you and your family! Merry Christmas!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nikki! :) Blessings to your family as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to drop by and tell you that I tried your pattern for the dishcloth and I LOVE it! SO easy to do...SO easy to remember and I really like the way it works, as opposed to the others I've been making. I made one up yesterday and have used it today...great feel in the hand and gets the dishes clean! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianna, thank you for letting me know. It makes me happy to know you tried it and love it! My favorite dishcloth too...super scrubbing power! :D

      Delete
  5. Thank you for posting this dish cloth. It looks really nice and I'm going to try making it today. I wanted a pattern with super scrubbing power. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh let me know how you like it when you're finished! :)

      Delete
  6. Just dropping by to tell you that this is one of my all time favorite patterns now! I'm selling these in the shop now and they always get great feedback. Miss talking to you and hope things are well with the job and family!
    Noelle
    PS- I pinned it too, because I love it so much I had to share it. :)

    ReplyDelete