Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Scrubbing Bobbles Scrubbie Sponge

Okay, so I love love love with a passion my cotton washcloths and sponges I have made in the past and even sold on etsy...however, I recently made a headband with bobbles, and I sure did think they would work up nicely in cotton, and be a great little nubby addition to a sponge. So without further ado, here is my first published pattern.
NEW Printable Version (CLICK HERE)
Scrubbing Bobbles Scrubbie Sponge

H hook
worsted yarn (cotton...or acrylic)
sc= single crochet
yo= yarn over
blo= back loop only
bo= bobble yo insert hook into stitch, yo pull through (3 times) in same stitch *yarn over and draw through all seven loops on hook (*edited to add, thanks Darlene)


chain 16

(row 1) sc in next stitch from hook and in each across (15)

(round 1) ch 1 turn bo in blo of first sc, sc in blo of next 2 scs,
(* bo in blo of next sc, sc in blo of next two sc's) *repeat around ( eta continue around skipped front loops)
join with sl st to ch 1 (10 bobbles, 20 scs, total of 30 stitches)

(round 2) ch 1 (continue without turning from this point on)
sc in each stitch around (30)

(round 3)ch1 bo in first sc, sc in next two scs, (*bo in next,sc in next two sc) *repeat around (30)
rounds 4-10 repeat rounds 2 & 3 round 10 should be a round of scs

ch 1, sc through both layers of sponge all the way across (15)

Finish off and weave in ends.


Copyright 2010 by Jennifer Kaye of Jenster76designs.

You may make items to gift or sell, just don't steal my pattern. I would appreciate a link to this pattern be provided if you are selling this item online. Thanks a bunch.

12 comments:

  1. so very cute, wish I knew how to really crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna give this a try. May take me a little while because I still have to go back and read translations to all the abbreviations but I'll give it a shot. I just happen to have a new ball of worsted yarn calling my name.

    I just finished a wash cloth and I LOVE your scrubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela!! I am so excited you are crocheting now!YAY for making a washcloth too!! I was wondering if you were crocheting or knitting when you posted on my FB a while back. If you have any questions...you know where to find me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw this on Ravelry... love it! It's really cute - gonna go make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, you forgot the directions on how to crochet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are lovely, if I could crochet I'd be rushing to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a couple of questions. Did you leave off the rest of the instructions for the bobble: Yarn over and draw through all 7 loops on hook? And in round 1 to continue around working in the the skipped front loops?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, thanks, those are some great clarifications...I will edit my post to include them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just tryed your pattern..it is great! Thanks
    http://poshpoochdesignsdogclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was just wondering if you could use tulle to make it like a scour pad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure you would even want to do this pattern with tulle, because it would already be scrubbalicious without the bobbles...you could just do a rectangle with tulle and fold it to make a square sc all the sides together and have a tulle scrubby.?.?

      Delete
    2. is there a video on how to crochet the ist row where you crochet to the end
      and then goo back on the same row. I am new at crocheting and I would
      like to do this pattern. thanks for any help or suggestions

      Delete