Thursday, May 3, 2012

Reworking something Wrong

I started this cotton blanket for my daughter over a year ago. There was quite a buzz when the beloved Peaches & Creme factory in NC was purchased by a Canadian company and was being moved out of country. I ordered a LOT of cotton yarn cones. A lot. I made my son a gorgeous brown, green tan and orange blanket. Did I show you? If I didn't let me know and I will post a pic.

Well, I started my daughter's blanket. Thinking for certain it would be finished in time for her 3rd birthday. And it wasn't. And the more I worked on it, the more I knew I did something wrong. I made it wider than it would be long. UGH. I was not happy with it. So it sat...and sat...and sat...Waiting in the closet...waiting for me to do something with it. 


And finally, I was inspired. I'm going to make a "patchwork" style blanket with squares.
And it's going pretty quickly. Each stripe is pretty much a square.

Funny how life can be. Reminds me of the verse in Isaiah 55. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." I can be so confident in doing something the way I think is right on...but if I don't consider what the Lord wants me to do first, it's in vane. Something He will have to rework later. But that's the awesome part!! It's never to late to start over. Even if you've made GIGANTIC mistakes. I read a quote this morning by John Piper. He said, " What makes {the Gospel} good news is that God is long-suffering and willing to forgive and start over with us again and again." Thank You, Jesus, for speaking to me, even in my crocheting!

2 comments:

  1. That is going to be so very cute! I wanted to do the same thing but I wasn't sure if that is something that could be done since I am a newbie to the crochet world! Can't wait to see it when you are done! Thanks again for inspiring me to crochet! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And I have done the same thing myself! :) Great post.
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete