Monday, July 19, 2010

Little bit of everything

Fun weekend. My little cousin was married on Friday evening, beautiful bride...it was fantastic. I can't believe I forgot my camera, I got no pictures of the big day...nor of any with my cousins I haven't seen for YEARS!! It was nice to visit with all of them, many of whom are now mommas themselves.

My littlest munchie was sick on Friday so she had to skip the wedding, as did her dad and brother. (Thank you Honey for watching the babes for me.) Then my little boy munch got sick on Saturday night, not so much fun. I hate when there is really not much you can do for them when their throats are sore and their noses hurt.  Theres not much reasoning with a two and three year old.

Yesterday, I made a most delicious pot roast...o man is it good..basically my take on beef stroganoff. I just take a chuck roast, throw it in the crockpot after searing it in a pan...add a box of mushroom soup, seared onions and garlic, and a couple stalks of celery finely chopped....let it simmer on high for like 6 hours...serve over egg noodles and watch your husband like his plate!! :)

Been crocheting a bit with cotton lately...I'm trying to build inventory for a craft show I was invited to participate in...right now I am on a hanging towel kick...so I've been making hanging towels and either a dishcloth or scrubbie to go with it...I am really needing to work on lunchbags badly...as school will be starting up again in the middle of August, and.....a local magazine took pictures of a couple of my bags for a back to school issue...I hope that drives some new customers (or at least lookers to my shop). I will show you guys the spread once it is published. I am also wanting to have a bit of lunchbag inventory over at a new local shop called Hallowed Ground some of my longtime friends have just opened up.

Anyhoots, I better get off the computer, I got a massive etsy order last night, so I'm off to "crow" four pairs of slippers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment