Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful 181-183

181. My friend G. She's awesome. I've known her my entire life...(well except the first 3 years) and we've stayed friends all along. She was my RA in college, we got married the same year, and both have shared the joy of being mommas to two children each. Well, she called me this week. She knows I need to get back into shape, but has never been judgmental. Told me we were going to work out together. Either at her gym or mine. Her gym was hot yoga, so I was like...NO. My gym I was not up to date with my membership, but neither was she...so we each paid a day pass membership, and were able to have our kids watched for 2 hours and we did this:
source 

For over an hour. I was sore, but felt alive again. Annnd...because July is my last month to be a SAHM, she forced me to asked me to update my gym membership for July so we could work out together for a solid month. It almost makes me teary eyed to know how much she really cares about me, wanting to help me shape up, lose a little weight and get some quality time together before school starts. What a great friend.
In the meantime...I'm doing what others have said Bob Harper said to do when you can't get to the gym...

182. 20 jumping jacks, 20 lunges, 20 push-ups 3-5 times a day

183. VBS nightly this week from 6-8:45 It has been wonderful to drop the kids off, and go on a date, just being with MR Toddlerwhisperer for a few hours uninterrupted! 



Have a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment